- Mr. Carrigan and Ms. Campbell would like to thank the touch football team for a great season of ball. Unfortunately, yesterday the team lost to Grammar in the Semi-final game. It was a hard fought match with great sportsmanship shown by our players throughout the game. Way to go Gators.
- Mr. Brophy is asking all students who would like to help to plan the upcoming dance to meet in his room (Room 8) Thursday at 12:10. We will be making decorations as well as making final preparations.
Good luck to the Touch Football team that takes on Halifax Grammar today at 4pm!
- The second boys volleyball tryouts will be in the gym today from 12:10- 1:10
- Congratulations to the touch football team for advancing to next Mondays Semi-finals. It was a hard fought defensive game against Ecole du Sommet. The final score was 16-14 with Davud Ozbek leading the charge. Way to go Gators!
- There will be a brief touch football team meeting in Mr. Carrigan’s room at 3:20 today. Everyone’s presence is required.
- Our first dance of the year will take place on Thursday, Oct 26 from 6:30 – 9:00 pm. Mr. Brophy is asking all students who would like to help to plan the dance to meet in his room (Room 8) today at 12:10. We will be discussing themes, set-up and ticket sales.
- The second boys volleyball tryouts will be in the gym on Friday from 12:10- 1:10 and the second girls volleyball tryouts will be today after school in the gym from 3:30-4:30.
- Me to We will be meeting today at 12:15. in Ms. Keddy’s room. You may bring your lunch and eat in the room but you must be in the room by 12:10. Please bring your markers/colours for making posters.
The girls soccer team played hard against Fairview and pulled off a tie game. A huge shout out to our amazing keeper Chelsea Davison for earning the shut out and keeping the team in the game! We’ll be practicing Friday after school.
- Me to We will be meeting Thursday at 12:15. in Ms. Keddy’s room. You may bring your lunch and eat in the room but you must be in the room by 12:10. Please bring your markers/colours for making posters.
- A reminder for the touch football team that there is a playoff game today at 5pm.
- The second boys volleyball tryouts will be in the gym on Friday from 12:10- 1:10 and the second girls volleyball tryouts will be Thursday after school in the gym from 3:30-4:30.
- All Cross Country Runner please see Mr. Mackenzie at lunch (11:50) to pick up their permission slips for Regionals on Thursday!
- Me to We will be meeting Thursday at 12:15. in Ms. Keddy’s room. You may bring your lunch and eat in the room but you must be in the room by 12:10. Please bring your marker/colours for making posters.
- Boys Volleyball Tryout #1 in the gym today @ 330-430pm. / 2nd tryout Friday @ Lunch
- Girls Volleyball Tryout #1 in the gym today @ 430-530pm. / 2nd tryout Thursday 330pm
Again this year, St Agnes Jr. High will be hosting our annual walk-a-thon in memory of Steve Scott. Steve Scott was a beloved teacher at St. Agnes who devoted his time outside of the school day to many extra-curricular activities, including coaching sports teams. This year’s walk-a-thon will take place on Friday, October 6.
The proceeds of this walk-a-thon will be used to support students and school community activities, including intramural activities, sports teams, and clubs. Students are reminded to collect pledges to help support many of the academic and athletic initiatives that take place within the school.
If any community members are able to donate small prizes (we already have some big ones: a TV, Bluetooth speaker and wireless headphones!) that we can give out to students for their efforts, that would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance for your support with our fundraiser. Please contact the school if you have any questions or concerns.
Parent Teacher Association Fundraiser
Each box costs $30 (cheques made out to St. Agnes Junior High).
Box pickup is October 4th.
Box contains fresh local vegetables (some variations may occur based on availability)
Please send money to Ms. Harrison at the main office by Sept 29, 2017. Any questions, please contact email@example.com
Me to We will be meeting in Ms. Keddy’s room (#20) on Thursday, September 28 at 12:15. You may bring your lunch and eat before the meeting but must be in Ms. Keddy’s room by 12:10.
Our breakfast program has started serving breakfast everyday between 8:15 and 8:30. We serve it at the back, side doors facing the field. There is no charge and everyone is welcome!